Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sorting Color Rings

Little Man enjoyed this morning's sensorial activity: Sorting Color Rings. It was easy make (and inexpensive too!)
Here's what you need:
a package of color rings
a three wooden peg
glue
a basket for storing
Here's what you do:
Glue three different colored rings to the wooden peg surface to indicate which color ring belongs where (either a gradation of colors light to dark or three very different colors for example red, blue and yellow would be another great set of three to use. I only found blue and white rings in the clearance bin at the dollar store so...this is what I ended up with.
Next provide child with basket of mixed colors...and Viola!

(Please excuse the lack of rug, Little One has been moving table top activities to the floor these days and if I want the photo I've got to get it when I can...)
He made me smile when he added his Binky to the post! Too funny.


Today is Thursday!
I'll share today's Art + Play this afternoon.
In PEACE
MM

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little project. My son has never gotten into physically sorting things but my daughter is so different from him maybe she'll enjoy this one.

Karin said...

Very cool! Love it!

Karin

Anonymous said...

Hi Montessori Mama,

We are just getting started as Montessori homeschoolers. I love your blog! Hopefully my family and fellow homeschoolers will learn a lot amidst your pages.

My dd is 17 months. Would you consider the ring sorting appropriate for her age? Also, I am not sure but are you a Montessori homeschooler or is your home set up as a Montessori environment?

Anonymous said...

you rock :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this activity! My daughter is only 16 months and I don't think she can sort out colors just yet, but I think she'll love hooking the circles on! (A great fine motor activity!) I just stumbled onto your site,and I'm glad I did. I just created a blog about my experiences as a Montessori Intern! Stop on by anytime!

CountryFunMaine said...

Just found with Pinterest and whipped one up for use by my infant and toddler. Found the preschoolers wanted to play with it even more. Used an older peg rack had in storage. Added a little electrical tape to cover the screw holes as well as marking out some of the rings. Used old wooden curtain ring, just took out the little eyehooks, added some tape. In less than 15 minutes and no cost had a game with lots of possible rules that was used immediately. Will post a link here when blog tomorrow. countryfun.edublogs.org

mymcbx2 said...

This is a fantastic blog! Be sure to check out mine: www.montessorimeetmot.blogspot.com :-) Happy Blogging!

sabira said...

Hi jennefer,

My son is 2 years and 2 months old. I would like to teach him in montessori way. Would you just tell me how i should start with him.

Your blog is just fantastic. Keep going.

Sabira

sabira said...

Hi jennefer,

My son is 2 years and 2 months old. I would like to teach him in montessori way. Would you just tell me how i should start with him.

Your blog is just fantastic. Keep going.

Sabira

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails