Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me...


How to make a nest from a paper bag! So we did. You roll the bag from the top to the bottom curling it under as you go, next fill your nests with glue and all sorts of fun nesting materials: yarn, pipe~cleaner 'twigs', & pom-pom 'eggs'.



This was a quick and easy toddler Spring art activity. Every child wanted to participate and left carrying their very own nest. I heard some parents mention the Easter Bunny might even visit and leave something IN their nest!
Got paper bags? Then you've got bird nests to build!
Happy nesting...
In PEACE
Jennifer

4 comments:

Super Fun Mama said...

I thought I was done finding Easter crafts until I saw this. I LOVE it.

Donna said...

This is fabulous! We're definitely going to have to try this at home!

Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Okay. So we just did this project, but I paired it with the P.D. Eastman story The Best Nest, a favorite of ours. We found things based on Mr. and Mrs. Bird's nest-building materials (some loosely based!): stocking string, soda straws, horse hair, etc.

The kids LOVED this! I had to help with rolling the paper bag into a nest, but decorating was completely up to them!

Thanks again for the great idea! I just posted the pics on Growing Great Kids!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

I love this idea and would like to do an entire featured post on it and your blog. If you are interested you can read this post to find out how:

http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2011/03/want-to-be-featured-on-my-delicious.html

Cheers,
Jenn

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails