Friday, June 25, 2010

Time for a Change


Okay, so I changed the back ground here at Montessori Mama. Thoughts? Like/dislike?
I'm interested to know your opinions.
Change can be difficult but also magical. A close friend recently said to me,

"Birth is painful, but oh sooooo full of promise."

Both times that I was able to give birth naturally (and especially throughout my C-section with Middle Man), I have felt close to death....just in that moment before everything changed for the better and the baby came.
I remember my mid-wives saying that our greatest wisdom about what we are capable of comes from being observant in that moment. As a mother going through it and as a witness to birth.

Right now I feel as though I am going through that moment emotionally and I am trying to be observant and learn from all that has been said and not said, and I am really trying to be a listener of my own heart.

And good things are happening. I am surrounded by supportive people throughout this process of transformation and I am especially grateful for their love and support.

I am broadening my circle and opening myself to new opportunities. It is hard but feels liberating. Sometimes the sacrifices we make for our families are enormous...but in my heart I know I am doing the best thing for these boys of mine.

In PEACE,
J

6 comments:

Jenna Millsap said...

Ooo...I like the background. Its kinda funky.

Tracy said...

Hi Montessori Mom, Would you be able to share your Art Curriculum with a Montessori teacher--me and my good friend who teaches art at school. I use the Childsize Masterpiece program, have a art shelf set up with individual activities and yippy-getting a carpentry table and light table this fall. Thanks for the wonderful blog.

Tracy
tracyhopebernard@gmail.com

jojoebi-designs said...

Love the new background. Hope life sorts itself out for you soon xx

Ella said...

Lovely background to a gr8 blog.Thanks for sharing with us your work and beautiful life.

plaidshoes said...

I also really like the new background. I hope you are doing ok...

momandkiddo said...

I like your new background. But then I LOVE orange.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails