Monday, September 19, 2011

Pine Needle Restaurant



Goodwill, as you know, is my favorite store to find just what I'm looking for when I least expect it. This weekend I found a complete camp cooking set.  I've been wanting to create some kind of kitchen or restaurant type play area outdoors for the children.  Then presto, I'm walking through Goodwill and there is everything I need for just $7.00!   Gotta love Goodwill! Well, of course I DO.
Anyway, next I stop by the local garden shop to admire the mums in sale and what do I see?  A child size table and two benches 1/2 off it's summer price tag! So....presto chango, a couple of cans of outdoor spray paint and some screw-in cup hooks later and I've created an outdoor kitchen play area ready for preschool chefs!
Today two little chefs made me the most delicious pine needled soup and I have just got to say,
"It was the best soup I've ever had!"
PEACE
Jennifer

4 comments:

Honey said...

Oh, Uncle Will and Aunt Sally (Goodwill and the Salvation Army) are the BEST!

On a side note...
I love Pine Needle Restaurant. How far ahead do you recommend I make the reservations?

;)

~Honey

Anonymous said...

You were so resourceful with the Goodwill and nursery treasures you came upon. You've created a wonderfully creative outdoor play space that encompasses both outside play and pretend play in such a beautifully put together way. Lovely!

wordplayhouse® + you make do™ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your publishing your first book. Creating a published work is a mountainous accomplishment; so cherish what you have made.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails